Talking about trips makes me feel a little antsy this time of year! I find myself wishfully gazing at travel ads, hoping that by some miracle there will be a bargain all-inclusive trip to somewhere warm (okay, hot) right in the middle of the March Break. Le sigh.
I've enjoyed several trips for different reasons. My children and I have enjoyed weekend trips to Niagara Falls or Toronto to see a show and enjoy the hotel life for a couple of days. Those are always a welcome, if brief, respite from the routine at home. Our last wee trip was to see Stomp in Toronto. My 11 year old son was especially taken with the idea that percussion is everywhere! However, I have to admit that my honeymoon was a memorable trip. We headed to St. Kitts for a week, and just enjoyed the slow island life and utter lack of itinerary.
I suppose that while some might enjoy a busy sightseeing holiday, I prefer to sit, preferably on a beach, and come this close to complaining of the heat. Apparently I'll need to become extraordinarily wealthy in a hurry, as there are many destinations in my dream vacation vault, some of which include:
Vancouver for the Olympics,
Italy for the food and language,
India and
North Africa,
Dubai, UAE,
Thailand,
Scotland, just to say I've hiked across the moors.
As for the Travels in E-ducation learning opportunity, I chose to participate because while I am an avid (rabid?!) facebooker, other forms of interation via the web, like blogging, are foreign to me. I want to learn what the hype is all about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I would love to go to the Olympics too, but since I don't have a ticket to any event, I guess I'll just have to wait until the next time it is locally within my country!
ReplyDelete